Powering The Drill Zone

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pivot Drill

Quick post today between Football camp and Basketball League Tournament.

Last year we were really struggling with pivoting which was really making me frustrated as a Varsity coach. I talked with our coaching staff and came up with a really simple thing to do. We put 3 minutes on the clock and had players partner up. I would call out a foot and offensive player would have to pivot and sweep the ball for 30 seconds while the defender mirrored the ball. At the horn players would switch and do the same. I know there are some better pivot drills out there but I wanted something that we could do without taking time to set up and have lines which are my biggest pet peeve of any practice.

If you have any ideas on pivoting or any other drills I would love to hear them.
bmoore@plano88.org

No comments:

Post a Comment