Powering The Drill Zone

Sunday, July 18, 2010

15 Minutes of Hell

I don’t run into a lot of coaches that claim to use sprints very much in practice. I agree with them that it’s a waste of practice time to spend 10-20 minutes out of your practice and none of your kids have a basketball in their hand. When I played the two things that I hated the most were sprints without a ball and timed running. My coach loved to put 15 minutes on the clock and have us run around the gym. I could go on and on for hours about training styles for basketball and I’m not sure if any of them are completely right or wrong. Over the past several years I have tried to focus on putting 3 short drills together that force kids to get reps and conditioning at the same time. I don’t always use the same 3 drills but here is the most common routine that we do.

http://www.box.net/shared/estmgi0dep

No comments:

Post a Comment