Powering The Drill Zone

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

55 in 5

We use this drill instead of layup lines in practice. It puts a premium on passing, catching, and full court finishing with layups. To get 55 a team has to be nearly perfect in all three areas to get 55 layups in 5 minutes. Most of my teams have really liked this drill because it allows them to compete. This is a drill that has been converted from a previous drill I had been around. I converted it to get more guys into action and out of sitting in line.

http://www.box.net/shared/ked3ae54yo


One thing that I love that Coach Eastman talks about on his twitter account and his web site is making yourself better in the off season. I have talked to my coaches about adapting their drills to make them better. We want players to get as many touches as possible. If that means making changes to a drill that I do or one of my coaches does to make it more effective now is the time to be doing it. I think drills are a lot like basketball plays. There are small adaptations to 5-10 different drills that most coaches are doing. The game and practice isn't being re invented but just being adapted and improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment