Powering The Drill Zone

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Live Play Ideas

I am not a big scrimmage person in practice. We just don't seem to get a lot out of it most of the time. As a coach I think this is something that everyone is different with. I have coached with great coaches that went live for 45 minutes every day at practice. I have also coached with people that very rarely go live. I personally want to get as many reps of game situations as possible. We will break up and do a lot of 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 work and work on things we will be seeing in our next game or items we need to clean up a little bit. I have put quite a few entries on here regarding our shell drill work which I think can be turned into a controlled scrimmage.

I found this list that I had started in the spring that has several different ideas for my lower level coaches. I know there are a lot of other great ideas out there as well.

http://www.box.net/shared/se0luscthk

No comments:

Post a Comment