Powering The Drill Zone

Friday, October 29, 2010

Getting Ready For The Season

First let me say sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have been taking advantage of some off time between Football and Basketball seasons. I also wanted to keep my drill book at the top of the blog for a long time because I think it can be a very useful tool to coaches out there.

I was looking at some items that I had handed out to my coaches last year and found a weak hand development list that I had created for all of my coaches. I have a lot of drills available on here that go very well with this list. As we are starting the season a lot of us will remember just how weak some of our players weak hands really are. Last year we spent 5-10 minutes minimum at every level on weak hand development.

One additional idea I wanted to throw out there came from Evan Turner and Thad Matta. From an article that I read last year Coach Matta talked about how he pointed out to Evan Turner that his only real weakness was his weak hand. He encouraged him to do everything left handed and Turner actually even talked about how he would throw rocks left handed while walking to class.

Let me know if you have any questions to go with this handout or any of my weak hand ideas
http://www.box.net/shared/qix1b0637m

bmoore@plano88.org

No comments:

Post a Comment